Give your guest a touch of history………host your next event at our Historical Houston Landmark; The Houston Light Guard Armory, built in 1925, is now the home of Buffalo Soldiers National Museum (BSNM). Whether it’s a quick board meeting, community forum or elegant gala; we welcome you. The BSNM is available for private events Monday-Saturday 6:00 pm-12:00 am and Sunday from 1:00 pm-6:00 pm. Select meeting space is available during normal business hours 10:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday and 10:00 am-4:00 pm on Saturday.
Buffalo Soldier Museum Rental
- Rental pricing includes a 2-6 hour rental time, complimentary parking and tables and chairs for up to 320 guest.
- Discounts available for multi-room rentals, all day rentals and for museum members.
- Non-Profit rates for Herzstein Gallery: $1,500/weekday & before 5pm, $2,000/weekend & after 5pm.
- Set up fees vary depending on complexity of event and room selection. ($50 min, $300 max)
- All events after normal business hours are subject to a 15% service charge.
- Security is required for events with guest of 100 or more (an additional officer per 50 people) and events involving alcohol at $30/hr (3 hour min, must be present 30 min prior and after)
- The BSNM has a TABC license to sell therefore NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL will be allowed. All events involving alcohol will be subject to a bartender fee at $30/hr and a bar set up fee of $75. Ask for our Banquet Bar Pricing.
Facility Rental Staff is available Monday-Friday 10:00 am until 5:00 pm for facility tours. Please contact us at (713) 942-8920 or email email@example.com to schedule a day and time to tour The Buffalo Soldiers National Museum and discuss rental possibilities.